Generation Gap

I think the way of the students are changing with the change of the generation. Let me give an example of the way to say ''May I come in sir?''

In my grandfather's time, students used to stand straight at the door. Then they used to join their hands and speak politely, ''Excuse me sir, may I come in please?'' It changed with generation change. In my father's time, students did not join hands. They directly asked, ''Excuse me sir, may I come in please?'' In my time, we asked like this, ''May I come in sir?'' We removed the words ''Excuse me'' and ''Please'''

Now what does the present students do? You wonder they ask like this, ''Sir, I came inside, OK? and then the teacher finds the student inside the class before he permits. I think the next upcoming generation will ask more amazingly, '' Sir, will you carry me inside?''

Leave a Reply